ROBOTICS – Sales Manager
Locations: Chicago, San Francisco, Irvine, Dallas and Boston
As a Sales Manager for The Client you will report to the VP of Sales. The ideal candidate will have a robotics OR an automation background, sales experience in the territory, and have contacts developed in the area. This individual will be responsible for leading the pursuit of sales in a specified territory in the region. The position will interface with distributors, value added integrators, customers, sales teams, product management, and suppliers.
The ideal candidate will be a high energy, intelligent professional who thrives in a challenging, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment. In addition, it is expected that this individual will have the combination of talent and drive to lead and achieve sales performance goals.
The Sales Manager has responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing and advising on all industry-specific sales and customer relationship management activities of the company. This includes direct responsibility for sales and marketing planning and analytics, financial performance, business services, and reporting.
The function of this Sales Manager will be to seek out sales opportunities by qualifying accounts and initiating projects. Once a given project is in the sales cycle, he/she will work with the local distributor to will bring the order home.
This is a great job for a person who accepts nothing less than personal greatness because you get to:
• Be a self-starter that hunts for new sales opportunities every day
• Make decisions and act quickly
• Work for a company with strong financial and market strength, as well as a willingness to invest
• Be part of an environment that thrives on passion, personal commitment, and excellence
• Enjoy outstanding camaraderie with peers
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for sales goals/quotas in assigned territory
• Identify new distributors or value added partners/integrators
• Hunt for new sales opportunities and once validated introduce them to the local UR distributor
• Establish and structure a sales pipeline for new distributors
• Continually review and optimize distribution network
• Facilitate joint visits with distributor’s sales reps to end users
• Train, develop, motivate and support existing distributors
• Collaborate with Area Sales Manager to penetrate established local targets within market segments.
• Train, develop, motivate and support existing customers
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Education Required
Minimum 5 year’s successful track record in outside sales
• 50% travel
• Experience with component sales to projects would be an advantage
• Experience selling technical products
• Strong sense of understanding of the value proposition by the end users
• Experience in industrial automation would be an advantage
• Experience with structured sales, plans, budgets, pipeline management
• Experience in selling components as part of larger projects would be an advantage
• Relevant commercial or technical education; relevant experience is more important than education, but skill set should match an educational background at Bachelor level either from a business or technical education
• Strong communication skills
• Strong understanding of the distribution business and working with system integrators
• Strong in building relationships
• Driven, Winner mentality
• Personal drive and high energy level
• Structured and independent approach