As our Controls Engineer you will be responsible for project execution that includes electrical design, programming, troubleshooting, and technical support. Specific responsibilities include:
- Accountable for complete project execution related to controls/electrical engineering. This includes meeting technical, schedule and budget objectives.
- Provide progressive and innovative electrical solutions to control requirements of the machines and/or systems.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers and formulate the electrical design concept and sequence of machine operation. The Controls Engineer is responsible of overall machine operation.
- Work with customers to refine customized control concept and to meet customer specification.
- Develop and program automation and control systems involving PLC’s, HMI’s, operator interface, servo controllers, motion controls, programmable switches and all other electrical components required for the machine.
- Design electrical controls utilizing AutoCAD.
- Prepare and distribute the Electrical Bills of Materials.
- Download programs into the PLC, operator interface, servo, etc.
- Set up drive parameters, troubleshoot machine operation and debug programs during final testing phases on the production floor.
- Direct the Electrical Assembly Department as required.. Provide guidance to ensure that the machine is built in accordance with the applicable standards and customer requirements.
- Up to 20% travel required
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience with design and programming of servos, motion control, CAM profiling, HMI’s and VFD’s.
- Knowledge and experience with MicroLogix, Compact ControlLogix, RSLogix 5000 PLC’s.
- Thorough understanding of Ethernet network topologies and design.
- Knowledge and experience in the selection, specification and use of common industrial electronic components including starters, contractors, circuit breakers, proximity switches, photo-electric switches, position sensors, temperature sensors, controllers, DC, AC, and servo drives.
- Skilled in troubleshooting, problem solving and debugging industrial electrical control circuits and programs.
- Bchelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering desired (equivalent industry experience considered).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in programming and electrical design in related industry.
- System integration experience a plus.
- Robotic programming, preferable Motoman (Yaskawa) robots a plus.
- Background in designing industrial electrical circuits including component sizing and selection.
- Knowledge of NFPA 79 a plus.
- Knowledge of RIA 15.06 a plus